The City of Gardner Police Department is accepting applications for their fifth Citizens Police Academy set to run from May 26 through July 21.
Academy participants will attend a series of nine sessions where they will learn about the structure and activities of the Police Department. During these weekly courses, department personnel will educate citizens on patrol procedures, criminal law, officer safety, domestic violence, traffic enforcement, investigations and more. Participants will also tour the Johnson County Adult Detention Center and Communications Division.
Classes will be held each Thursday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at City Hall with sessions also occurring at the Gardner Police Department. There is no fee to attend the academy, but class size is limited.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Gardner resident or employee
• No criminal record and passes a criminal/background check
How to Apply
Applications can be acquired from the following locations:
• City Hall – 120 E. Main St.
• Gardner Police Department – 440 E. Main St.
• City of Gardner Website – http://www.gardnerkansas.gov/…/Public…/CPA%20Application.pdf
Applications must be submitted to the Gardner Police Department by Friday, May 13, 2016.
For more information, please contact Officer Joe O’Lucci of the Gardner Police Department at email@example.com or 913.856.7312.