Edgerton City Council Agenda for October 25, 2012
Posted on Oct. 21st, 2012
EDGERTON CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA CITY HALL, 404 EAST NELSON STREET
October 25, 2012
Call to Order
1. Roll Call ___ Roberts ___ Longanecker ___ Powers ___ Cross ___ Wiseman ___ Brown
3. Pledge of Allegiance
Consent Agenda (Consent Agenda items will be acted upon by one motion unless a Council member requests an item be removed for discussion and separate action)
4. Agenda Approval
5. Meeting Minutes October 11, 2012 Regular Meeting
1. Public Comments. Persons who wish to address the City Council regarding items not on
the agenda and that are under the jurisdiction of the City Council may do so when called upon by the Mayor. Comments on personnel matters and matters pending before court or other outside tribunals are not permitted. Please notify the City Clerk before the meeting if you wish to speak. Speakers are limited to three (3) minutes. Any presentation is for informational purposes only. No action will be taken.
2. Declaration. At this time Council members may declare any conflict or communication they have had that might influence their ability to impartially consider today’s issues.
3. Presentation by Johnson County Meals on Wheels
4. Presentation by Johnson County Utility Assistance Program
5. Presentation by United Community Services regarding Human Service Fund
6. Discussion regarding Old 56 Highway Club Car Show along Nelson Street in Downtown Edgerton
Business Requiring Action
7. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF AN ORIDNANCE AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING A
RECOMMENDATION BY THE CITY PLANNING COMMISSION TO APPROVE REZONING OF PROPERTY LOCATED AT 206 WEST 8TH STREET IN EDGERTON, KANSAS FROM C-1, GENERAL COMMERCIAL DISTRICT, TO R-1, SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENCE DISTRICT
Motion: ____________ Second: ___________ Vote: ____________
8. Report by the City Administrator st
o Public Open House – November 1 Southwest Johnson County Area Plan
9. Reports by City Council Members
10. Report by the Mayor
11. Future Meeting/Event Reminders:
• October 28th 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Halloween Party hosted by City of Edgerton and
Frontier Days Association
• October 30th 7:30 AM – Southwest Johnson County EDC Quarterly Meeting • November 1st 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Public Open House Southwest Johnson County Area Plan, Edgerton City Hall
• November 8th 7:00 PM – City Council Meeting
• November 12th – City Offices Closed
• November 22nd and 23rd – City Hall Closed for Thanksgiving
• Week of November 21st (Thanksgiving) – Trash Pickup on FRIDAY
12. Adjourn Motion: ________ Second: ________ Vote: ______
EDGERTON COMMUNITY BUILDING CITY COUNCIL MEETING OCTOBER 11, 2012 7:00 P.M.
The Council met in regular session with President of the Council Clay Longanecker presiding over the meeting. Council members present: Powers, Wiseman and Brown. Mayor Roberts and Council member Cross were absent from the meeting. Also present City Administrator Beth Linn, Administrative Services Director Anna-Maria Keena, Public Works Superintendent Michael Mabrey, City Attorney Patrick Reavey, City Clerk/Court Clerk Janeice L. Rawles. Also present was Captain Shaine Pennington with Johnson County Sheriff’s Department.
Following roll call, welcome and pledge of allegiance, items on consent agenda were reviewed. Items on the consent agenda included approval of the agenda and the minutes from the September 27, 2012. The motion to approve the consent agenda was made by Council member Powers and seconded by Council member Brown, motion declared carried.
Delbert Sawyer and Robert Cook were here to discuss the Old 56 Car Show. They would like to move the car show to Edgerton in April 2013. They would like to use the City Hall for registration and restrooms. Also were concerns about truck traffic and having the street shut down for emergency vehicles.
There were no declarations of any conflict of interest or communications by Council members that might influence their ability to impartially consider today’s issues.
Beth Linn, City Administrator presented the third quarter financial report.
There was discussion about the General Fund, it was reported that a lot of chip and seal still needs to be done. Under the Park department it was stated that the city purchased 10 trees for the park and they would be planted in the near future. The Auditorium is need of some work and paint that should be happening as soon as the work can be scheduled. Beth Linn City Administrator went over the water and sewer reports and there was very little discussion. No formal action taken.
CONSIDER APPROVAL OF AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONTRACT WITH UTILITY SERVICE FOR PLACEMENT OF THE NEW LOGO ON THE EDGERRTON ROAD WATER TOWER
City Administrator, Beth Linn read over and discussed the information form about the logo on the Edgerton Road Water Tower and after some discussion a motion was made.
Motion by Council member Powers and seconded by Council member Brown to approve the amendment to a contract with Utility Service for placement of the new logo on the Edgerton Road Water Tower, and the motion carried with all present voting “Aye”
REPORTS BY CITY ADMINISTRATOR
Beth Linn provided an update on construction of the Big Bull Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility and Conveyance System.
Council member Powers reminded everyone about the City Halloween Party on the 28th of October a Sunday afternoon. The party will begin at 3:00 pm and end at 6:00 pm. There is to be a magician and costume contest and food and soda.
Motion by Council member Wiseman, seconded by Council member Brown to adjourn the meeting. The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
The minutes were approved by the Governing Body on:
Janeice L. Rawles CMC City Clerk/Court Clerk